[TR] Triumphest/VTR info

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Mar 3 12:20:09 MST 2009

> or  even fuzzy
> dice
> from J.C. Whitney
> ?back when your car was six months old,

This sounds like the beginning of a new award to me.  We used to have the
"JC Whitney" award for the most gadgets; now that JCW is no more we should
make it the "period correct" JCW award <G>

BTW, I came across a web site that claims LeCarra was started by Dick and
Roy Ostein from San Diego, California; sometime after they joined the
military in 1976 and got stationed in France.  So I don't think the LeCarra
wheels can be "period correct" for any but the very last few years of
Triumphs.

That link is
http://www.superchevy.com/technical/additionaltech_perfdir/shoptour/0104sc_l
ecarra/index.html
but for some reason it's grayed out when I look at it with IE.  I had to
examine the source in text mode to read it.

Randall