[TR] Triumphest/VTR info

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Mon Mar 2 12:07:59 MST 2009

Barry,
VTR Judges are instructed to allow the next size up, 165 tires as stock on
Spitfires since the 155's are extremely hard to find. 165's are also  allowed
on TR2's & TR3's for the same reason.  Chrome wire wheels are  considered
period equipment since they were available from  dealers.  The wheels should have
the correct number of spokes for  the model with the following exception:
TR2's & TR3's are allowed 60  spokes instead of 48 for safety reasons. Overdrive
on a non-overdrive  Triumph is allowed since one could buy an overdrive
conversion kit from the  dealer.

The rest of the items you mentioned would receive deduction if you were
showing your Spitfire in Showroom stock.  If you were showing in Modified
(Touring or Prepared) no deductions would be taken for originality and  the items
would be judged for quality only. One possible exception could be the  steering
wheel if you could document it as a period piece. Not sure about  the Lecarra.
Hope this Helps,
Feel free to contact me off list for any other questions.
Cheers,
Darrell Floyd
VTR Chief Judge
70 Spitfire MK3  Modified Prepared
76 Spitfire 1500  Showroom Stock

In a message dated 3/2/2009 8:36:46 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,