[TR] Triumph in NYTimes... Mercury De Soto The Winner?

Corey Sherman cm.sherman at verizon.net
Sun Mar 1 09:31:00 MST 2009

Well go figure...

despite a Call-to-Action to over 5,000 Triumph enthusiasts (VTR, 6-pack and
ITTR), apparently furniture maker Steve Heller's custom 1998 Mercury Grand
Marquis sedan was voted Car of the Year (1).

It was built of parts from 11 donor cars with welded body panels.  He
received nearly 1,000 of the 6,392 total votes (2).

Without sounding cynical, I am surprised considering I so many friends,
family and List members claimed to vote, but if we it was to be fair it
would have been regulated by someone in the insurance, banking or auto
industry (LOL). Seriousily, something funny went on here, but little anybody
can do... "the people have voted" - who says they have to have good taste!

Anyways, sorry about the rant, and a thank you for those who did support our
Marque.
Corey Sherman

 <http://tinyurl.com/c52opo>

(1) NY Times Article Winner
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/22/automobiles/collectibles/22MARQUIS.html

(2) NYTimes Classics and Conversation Pieces Published: February 20, 2009
http://tinyurl.com/akru65

(3) Read the Autoblog to see reader's comments:
http://tinyurl.com/c52opo
 <http://collectiblecars.nytimes.com/Contest/Vote.asp#COL8111523>