[TR] door adjustment on TR4

Brian Induni 308gtsi at roadrunner.com
Tue Jun 30 13:51:51 MDT 2009

I can tell you that I spent at least 8 hours per door to get them to a point
they would just close. The issue I had was with the new rubber door seals -
they took some squishing down to get the door to close. After getting the
doors close, I lived with it for about 3 months, then readjusted. This time
(yes, another 8 hours per door!) I was able to get them closer. Never did
get the passenger door to where I wanted it.

The doors have limited adjustment and the bolts on the door adjust a
different direction than those on the pillar - but I'm sure you know that. I
did have to use shims that I made from thick (1/8") rubber.

My best advice: patience!

Brian

Message: 1