[TR] The Trans-America Triumph...

T S Hardy t.s.hardy at clear.net.nz
Sat Jun 27 15:26:14 MDT 2009

Hi Listers.....
  Down here in Feilding New Zealand its winter, and I am reading with envy
about the TransAmerica run! Can somebody enliven me about the history of the
car in question? Curious about the Left Hand Drive configuration and whar
appears to be a British number plate on the rear! Had a Stag myself once, but
that one would leave mine for dead. What a gorgeous car! Would also like to
know exactly what the cause of the horrific gearbox failure was. I had a '73
2.5 TC for 13 years and it performed extrelely well, the only O/D problem I
ever had was when a terminal on the Lock-out switch came loose. Have fitted
anO/D box to the 4A I'm restoring, and am looking forward to those "split
changes" I used to perform on the TC. My MGB GT also has O/D, but the switch
is on the dash. Not quite the same!     Best Regards...Trev. H.......65 TR4A