[TR] TR3A cooling, more

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 10:30:15 MDT 2009

I found an odd thing; maybe not so odd, about my temp situation.  It
appeared that the slower I go the cooler the motor seems to run, by about 10
degrees.  I decided to use my ruminator to see if I could put it to use to
figure this out.  I have tested this twice now and lets see what others
think.  If I am in OD at 3200 rpms my temp runs up to 190 +.  Then, I drove
around for about 5 miles at 3200 rpms, but in second and third gear.  180 -
185.  Hmmm, thinks I.  The shroud on each side of my radiator is missing.
Is it possible that as I increase speed the air flow bypassing the radiator
increases the pressure in the engine bay therefore slowing the flow of air
from front to back through the radiator?  I didn't know that the shrouds
were suposed to be there as the other two 3As that I am familiar with do not
have them either.  I looked at another car that is original and it has
them.