[TR] TR3A running temp

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 07:23:25 MDT 2009

Thanks to those who responded to me on this issue.  I got my TR back on the
road in November and through the winter (max low temp 50 degrees) the car
seemed to run cool topping out south of 180.  This continued well through
the spring with the temps in the 80s and would top out at 185 if left to
idle for a long time.  Now that the recorded temp is at 95 and the heat
index is at 110 I have seen this creep up.  My next step here is to not
assume anything and check it out with an infrared temp gauge to see if I can
confirm the gauge reading.  Although the motor is at 190 the seats are at
220 and that is now something I need to deal with as well!