[TR] Wiper Blade Info Request

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 06:25:32 MDT 2009

List,

If anyone on the List has (or has a friend) with an MGB from 1970 &  later
with the 3 windscreen wiper blades, would you mind measuring the length of
one of the blades (not the arms) and let me know what it is?

Thanks to some rather wet weather in West Virginia for TRA last week, I
found out that my wiper blades are striking the windscreen molding rubber at
the  top of the windscreen during use.  They just rub enough during their
sweep  across the windscreen to skip some coverage which kinda becomes an issue
when  it's raining hard.

The blades I have are about 1/8" longer than what I've measured on other
TR6s to be correct for the car.  I think they were fitted in 2002; they  were
stock replacements but with all of the foreign made parts out there, it's
possible that they're out of spec.  Anyway, I had an idea of fitting 2
blades of the 3 wiper blade MGBs to solve the problem so I wouldn't have  to
order and return new TR6 wiper blades until I found something that  fits.

Thanks,

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA