[TR] TR3A running temp

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:09:37 MDT 2009

Summer is here in FL and the temp has been in the 90s with the heat index as
high as 110.  When I drive my TR at 50 - 60 mph the running temp stays at
180 - 185.  When I get up to 70 - 75 mph the temp goes up to 190 - 195.
Sitting at a light it has not gone over 195.  When I dismantled the motor
the thermostat bypass was plugged (intentionally) and I did not replug it
when I put on new hoses.  I frankly do not remember if the thermostat is one
of those skirted ones that cover the bypass.  Would I do well to plug that
hose again and will it have any effect on the running temp?