[TR] 3rd brake light

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 16:16:18 MDT 2009

I bought this unit while at the Stowe car show about four years ago and only
mounted it last year.  I replaced the lift the dot studs with 10/32
stainless machine screws and made the bracket to hold the third brake
light.  The bracket is held on with stainless washers and stainless acorn
nuts.  It presents a small challenge when removing the hood stick cover and
installing the top, but nothing I can't deal with.  The sense of knowing
that the SUV or pickup behind me can actually see my brake lights is worth
the bother, to me.  If I were to do this again I would use the lift the dot
fasteners as well so it just snaps into place, but that would require an
extra long lift the dot stud.  Just another challenge.
BTW I also replaced the pressure brake switch with a mechanical switch which
lights the brake lights at the slightest movement of the brake pedal.  I
also put an additional circuit to the brake lights (3) with a toggle switch
and flasher that gives me emergency flashers (rear only).

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/TRG69/P6201155.jpg