[TR] Fuel Pump

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 17:50:23 MDT 2009

Years ago I got a couple of locking pliers from Harbor Freight that are
specifically for clamping lines closed.  Can't find them on the site now,
closest thing is this:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=65116

The pliers are better though if you're reaching into a tight spot.

To work on the forward fuel line I just clamp the flexible fuel line coming
off the tank.  To work on just the pump I clamp the forward fuel line.

To work on the rear fuel line, of course, requires the tank be drained.  I
am always careful to be sure that rear line is sound -- it would be a real
PITA to replace on the road.

The pliers clamps go with me everywhere -- on 2 occasions I have driven home
with the rear brakes clamped off (1 frozen brake cylinder & 1 delaminated
brake shoe) they really shut a line off with no apparent damage.

Geo