[TR] TR4 Slave Cylinder Stay Rod

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Wed Jun 17 19:50:45 MDT 2009

I recall that the changes to the Transmission case had more to do with the
number and placement of reinforcement ribs at the transition between the
bell housing and the transmission case. The ribs didn't begin to show up
until the 4 syncro TR4 style boxes. If the flange thickness changed too my
guess would be that it happened when the ribs were added. I believe there
were no ribs, then 1 rib then 2 ribs which lasted through the TR 6. My TR4A
has 2 ribs and was built in May 1966. Were there ever 3 ribs???

As for the stay rod, it's hard to believe that running without that rod is a
good thing.

JVV