[TR] TR6 Antenna Location or alternate solution

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sun Jun 14 09:47:03 MDT 2009

     I bought a 1974 TR6 that was missing its front left fender. I see where
the original antenna came out from the kick panel behind the left front
fender. I have a straight rust free replacement fender without an antenna
hole. Where on the fender did it mount? I am thinking about just going to the
rear of the fender and cutting a hole. I really don't want to cut a hole out
of such a nice panel. Are there alternative antenna's and mounting locations?
For example: Back in the 70's, my sister dated some guy with an El Camino and
he had kind of a whip antenna that was mounted on his rear bumper. It really
looked bad-ass to me.     TIA,
     Bill in Tehachapi