[TR] Wire Wheel Balancing

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jun 11 09:35:22 MDT 2009

> I have searched all over Tulsa, OK and nobody in town has the
> correct hardware to properly mount the spline drive wheels on their spin
> balancers.

Chad, you have the correct hardware ... it's called a spline adapter.  Just
take off one of your adapters and let the shop mount it to their machine.
Here's an article showing that Hendrix Wire Wheel in Greensboro, NC does it
that way:
http://www.hendrixwirewheel.com/hendrix3.pdf

However, the fellow at Valley Wire Wheel Service in Van Nuys, CA does have
the cones to mount wire wheels directly onto his machine.  I don't know
where he got them, though.  He has a lot of other fairly rare wire wheel
equipment (eg machine to make spokes) so that may apply to his balancer as
well.

-- Randall