[TR] Radiator temperature

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 17:45:28 MDT 2009

I recently got an infra-red thermometer as my TR3 was tending to overheat
and I had reason to believe it had an original radiator.

The good news was the gauge was reading correctly.  With the engine idling
and the electric fan on, it was 195 degrees at the top of the radiator and
the same on the gauge.  But what delta should one expect from top to bottom
of the radiator?  According to my thermometer, it was 100 degrees cooler at
the bottom, which I thought was an excessive gradient.

Radiator gummed up at the bottom or an incredibly effective electric fan?

Andrew Uprichard