[TR] Twisted Windscreen Stanchion

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 7 17:17:01 MDT 2009

I installed the windscreen on my TR3 for the first time today. The front
end of the drivers side stanchion sticks out about 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch
from the mount. I can push it in and latch the Dzus fastener but it
makes me a little nervous since it is torquing the drivers side of the
windscreen frame.

The windscreen also doesn't quite sit even in height above the scuttle
from the passenger side to the drivers side. The Drivers side sits about
3/8 of an inch higher. The car didn't appear to ever have any scuttle
related damage when I stripped it down and the wood support pieces fit
well from the underside.

Is this a common problem? What's the best way to correct for it?

Thanks,

Mike

TS11544L