[TR] Thread size for TR6 instruments?

Tony Gordon triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Sun Jun 7 09:10:41 MDT 2009

My guess is that the threads are BA (British Association).  A very popular
thread form for instrument makers in the UK.  If a 4mm die will run down the
thread, than I'd guess it is 4BA (0.1417" dia and 38.5 TPI - 4mm is 0.1575"
dia and a thread pitch of 0.7mm will give 36.3 TPI ... pretty close!).
McMaster carries BA stuff I believe, but probably not the knurled nuts.
Tony Gordon
72 TR6