[TR] Triumph Trans America Drive, Stand ... Part 1

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Wed Jun 3 11:15:51 MDT 2009

All,

I am not sure it the original email was too long because I have not seen
it in the main 4 archives.  So I split it in two parts ....

By now many of you have been following our latest trials and
tribulations of the STTAG, a.k.a. Uncle Jack. and the Triumph Trans
America Charity Drive 2009.

Well a lot has transpired since the transmission exploded Sunday 24 May
2009.
Replacement transmission was generously sourced by Duncan Wood of Red
River Triumphs, the rebuild kits supplied by John Esposito of Quantum
Mechanics, the OD setup supplied by myself., shipping by Steve Yott of ISOA.

Upon timely arrival of all the components at the ISOA rebuilding
destination, a quick inspection showed a mouse hole in the side of the
OD shipping box - yep, the replacement main shaft had vanished from the
box!!!

Through another showing of extreme support for this cause and
generosity, a new J type OD main shaft, pump cam, clips and such were
sourced at Victoria British and provided free of charge by Susan
Berkowitz of Victoria British, packed up and shipped FedEx Saturday
delivery.

By now we have all seen it miracles the ISOA STTAG team will
work with this new pile of parts, the results are spectacular!

(see part 2)

--
Glenn A. Merrell
TTA North American Coordinator