[TR] 1980 Spit: vacuum retard

Tim Gaines mtgaines at mail.presby.edu
Tue Jun 2 07:38:00 MDT 2009

Has anyone ever been able to repair a vacuum advance or
retard unit. They seem to be just about impossible to find
anywhere, but I wonder if a repair is possible. It looks
like it might be hard to actually get to the diaphram
without tearing things up, but since it doesn't work
anyway . . .

Tim Gaines
1980 Spitfire
1974 TR6