[TR] TTA Stag status as of May 31

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 1 02:05:28 MDT 2009

Tim Buja wrote:
> I've updated the TTA website with news and pictures about our build progress
> and "uncle jack"'s public debut on Sunday.
> http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk/
> Thanks to everyone who contributed to this gallant and successful effort to
> recover from the catastrophic failure of only one week ago.  We could not
> have done this without your help.

In a world that is overloaded with cliche, the events of the last week - starting last Sunday - and
the stresses since then, all go to prove what really can be achieved with "absolute teamwork." I am
truly and utterly amazed that in less than seven days, the replacements for all the damaged parts
were located, shipped to where they were needed and then brought together into a whole.
This achievement is, by any standards, utterly staggering and a tribute to everyone who played their
part to overcome the misfortune.
I call you guys the "Works Team" because unlike a works team, you didn't have a truck full of parts
on your doorstep. However, you all pulled together against the most daunting odds and carried out
work that a Works Team would be proud to be associated with.
I salute you all with admiration, gratitude and complete amazement at what you achieved in the time
you had at your disposal.
Thank you, SO much.
"uncle jack" looks superb and I do so hope that members of the Triumph racing fraternity in the US
and Canada take time out to see what was achieved by all of you. I'm confident as well that Jack
Drews would have approved to see his name associated with your handiwork. There is a whole lot more
to say about this overall restoration - but it'll have to wait until I get the opportunity of saying
it face to face with a raft of other people.
You guys achieved the impossible and though it did take a few days longer, you performed a miracle
too.
Well done!

John Macartney