[TR] First 4A drive....

T S Hardy t.s.hardy at clear.net.nz
Fri Jul 31 20:17:19 MDT 2009

Hi Listers....

                    I guess the heading is not strictly true.....I did drive
it down from Auckland to my home in Feilding, some 350-400 miles before I
started the restoration. Anyway, that was some three years sgo. Since then
it's been worked on slowly, and yesterday, Friday 31 July, I picked it up from
my mates little garage, where he had been working on brake plumbing. The seat
was an old Mini wheel and tyre, No Warrant of Fitness, No registration, no
windscreen, no doors, no instruments! If I had been picked up by the Law, I
would have been in deep DooDoo!! However, it ran sweetly, and dare I say it,
with a bit more grunt than my MGB!! It's back home in my basement for final
work, and with our summer commencing around  December, it'll be good to go!
                   There is a law here that says that copper brake lines are
no longer permitted, so my mate who has all the appropriate benders got the
job of creating the new lines necessary for the booster fit. Unfortunately,
the second-hand booster I obtained was not good, so the system is temporarily
back to standard. Another mate told me that he has a spare booster that I can
have, so I'll try that. In the meantime, there's plenty to keep me occupied.
                    Wife and I are off on a month-long trip back to Singapore,
Malaysia, and Western Australia in three weeks, so there won't be anything
done for a little while.

                            In the meantime......keep those Trumps rolling!!!

                    Best Regards....

                                Trev. Hardy......Feilding, New Zealand

                                        '65 TR4A.