[TR] TR4A Diff curing oil leak.

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jul 27 07:51:34 MDT 2009

I have a mild case of shipwright's disease. On Randall's advice (thank you
for that)
I have removed the cage from the case, removed and inspected the sun and
planet wheels. I
found it quite a fun experience.
 I find my first assessment was wrong . I have case hardening
pitted on only one side of the right sun wheel teeth. All the other teeth
are
acceptable. Crown wheel and pinion, and all bearings are fit for further
use.
My thought is that if I change over the sun wheels side for side the good
teeth will take the loads for forward motion and the worn ones will only be
used in reverse. I don't intend doing doughnuts!

Any thoughts most welcome.

David Brister
1967 TR4A
CTC77785 O