[TR] Help wiring an electric fan in a TR-4

THOMAS FANSHER tfansher at comcast.net
Sun Jul 26 06:59:01 MDT 2009

The easiest way is go to manual switch as previously posted. If you want an
automatic turn on, there is a thermostat that connects to any engine bolt. I
have that on my Stag and it works well for the A/C condenser and as an
auxiliary fan when the block gets over 165 degrees F.  I don't know who
makes it, but a good A/C or radiator shop should have access. On my TR3 I
found a "bung hole in the metal radiator pipe" at Stoneleigh autojumble a
few years ago. The problem with that is that I had to run a ground wire to
the pipe. Then it worked fine. I'd go with the wire to the block.
I could send pictures of the Stag and TR3 set up if you'd like.
Tom
60 TR3A
61 TR3A
62 TR4