[TR] tr3 adjustable steering wheel

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jul 25 08:06:15 MDT 2009

> the reason i have  the seat in the forward position is so that i can
> depress
> the clutch all  the way in.

BTW, the clutch pedal height can be adjusted to some extent, at least on the
later cars with Girling hydraulics.  The essential requirement is only that
there be some clearance at both master and slave.  .010" is enough if you
check and adjust the slave clearance more often (it goes down as the clutch
wears, if it goes to zero the clutch can slip).  Back off the stop screw in
the pedal box (if you have one, later cars didn't) and extend the MC pushrod
to get the height you want; then adjust the stop (adding one if necessary)
to get .010".  The stop screw effectively prevents the slop in the
pedal/pushrod joint from adding to pedal travel.

Guess I should have taken some photos; when TS13571L came to me, it had a
shaped wooden block screwed to the clutch pedal.

Randall