[TR] TR3 floor replacement questions -

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 13:57:01 MDT 2009

As long as you have the access you need, I see no problem with replacing the
floors with the engine in situ.  In my case(s), the footwells needed
patching in addition, and I would have had difficulties welding the patches
with the engine there.

Presumably you'll be careful with gas lines and the like.

There's no doubt that as you restore, you end up chasing gaps and small
movements in the architecture can come back to haunt you,  But I'd think if
you have the sills and A and B posts in place that it wouldn't be a problem
not having an apron or cross-brace.

Usual disclaimers about not being an expert, etc, etc (but I have restored
two TR3s now)

Andrew Uprichard