[TR] The big bang

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 12:03:30 MDT 2009

An Exhaust ignition sounds a little scary to me.

The blue flame out the exhaust pipe sounds cool.  But I wonder - does the
flame also go the other way?  Towards or even out the carbs?  I don't see
why not.

If both the exhaust and intake valves are partially open and the big bang
occurs - seems like the same fire would to towards my carbs - with very worn
throttle shafts. I suppose I could see some fire shoot past those shafts or
from the butterfly into my oil soaked air filter elements.  Suddenly I smell
fire.....

I'm glad my carbs aren't leaking any gas.

Is this any concern at all?

Chris

63 TR4
54 TR2