[TR] The big bang

John Dunham john.dunham at amphenol-tcs.com
Thu Jul 23 11:38:31 MDT 2009

Exactly as you describe - the harder I drive the louder the bang... I am
sure there is a joke in there somewhere... I guess if there is a flame
shooting out the exhaust that is pretty cool & I can live with it...
Thanks!
John D

             John Herrera
             <jrherrera90 at hotm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       <john.dunham at amphenol-tcs.com>,
             07/23/2009 11:47          Triumph List
             AM                        <triumphs at autox.team.net>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [TR] The big bang

> Finally enjoying my newly restored 62 TR4. I do have one question -
> usually after driving it for more than 15 minutes, when I shut it off,
the
> motor stops & it doesn't run on / diesel, but after maybe two or three
> seconds - Bang! Not a very loud backfire, (almost like a backfire under
> water).

My old TR3 racecar used to do that. The harder I ran it before shutting
down, the louder the bang. I call it an afterfire since it came out the
exhaust. I figgered it was unburned fuel igniting from the exhaust heat.

Thought it was kinda cool.

John

This e-mail has been scanned by MCI Managed Email Content Service, using
Skeptic(tm) technology powered by MessageLabs. To report SPAM or other
related email issues please send an email to Postmaster at amphenol-tcs.com