[TR] Zenith-Stromberg autochoke problem

Tim Gaines mtgaines at mail.presby.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:14:24 MDT 2009

Yeah, and of course they don't keep well either.  I left
mine in the garage over winter and when I tried one last
week it was all sticky inside.  I have to admit, it looked
better after boiling, but even as it cooled I could see
things moving around inside.  You're right; I don't know
why anyone ever tried autochokes in the first place.  They
are no fun to prepare, and nobody really knows the right
way anyway.  Get the temperature wrong and your gas
mixture will be too rich.  Then you'll hope your
antibackfire valve is working!  I thought everything would
be better by now, but so far this year I haven't even been
able to run down my driveway because of that damned
autochoke.

Tim