[TR] TR3 sighting on Masterpiece Theater

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Jul 20 11:47:47 MDT 2009

In a message dated 7/20/2009 11:35:26 AM Central Daylight Time,
david.brister at wanadoo.fr writes:
> It might be that the Triumph connection is slightly tenuous in which case
> apologise to the list, but I would be intrigued to know what exactly
> "blown
> off by two pretty girls" means  on the western side of the pond? In UK you
>
> have to go to special cinemas to see films like that!

Ah, the pitfalls of using slang ("highly informal speech that is outside
conventual or standard usage..." Webster's New World).  It tends to illustrate
the old saw about two people separated by a common language.

Well, don't get your knickers in a twist, no one is trying to take the
piss.

Dave