[TR] Forming plexi

tom white tswhitez123 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 17 01:54:23 MDT 2009

The heat gun I would use is the kind that goes to 1000 + degrees.  Before
forming plexiglass with a heat gun you should try it on a sample of the
plexiglass.   For some reason I have a recollection that heating plexiglass
tends to cloud it.

Last year I tried to make an orthodic for my shoe with 1/8" plastic and a heat
gun.  The problem I ran into was the plastic would have to reach it's melting
point before it could be formed.  This produced uneven bends.

Best regards,

Tom