[TR] Forming plexi

Karl Vacek kvacek at ameritech.net
Thu Jul 16 13:04:53 MDT 2009

I've carried this nugget of possibly-bogus information for neary 40 years.
I made a replacement windshield for my race car out of Lexan and tried to
bend it as I had the original Plexi one.  However, I got a diffusion of tiny
bubbles throughout the plastic in the area I heated.

At the time, the glass guy who'd given me the Lexan told me that it was
because that was UV-stabilized Lexan.  He said the UV stabilizer was just
water and when heated it turned to steam, making the bubbles.

Truth or BS ???

Karl