[TR] decal

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:40:10 MDT 2009

jim tobler wrote:
> I know the horse has bolted, but next time try turps (turpentine).
> For some reason it softens most glues and doesn't harm most substrates.
> (Not original, was told about it by a cluey friend.)
Thanks Jim,  I'll try to keep that in mind.  The only decal left on my
TR is the FOT decal on my windscreen but the Land Rover has the URL of
my Land Rover web site and a very large decal from the truck's sponsor
company.  Hopefully I will not get tagged with a decal.

The hard top is new to me and I getting it to fit.  My mounts from the
old rusty hard top are a little off for this top and I need to train the
new waist gasket.  It took me a chunk of a day to get the mounts lined
up and the top fitted with the new gasket in place.  When I think the
waist gasket is formed I'll remove the top and get it refinished.  My
old one was white on a signal red car.  I'm toying with the idea of
making the new top signal red.  The new top is BRG. It makes my TR very
Christmasy.

Take care

Teriann