[TR] Decal removal from Plexiglas?

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 06:23:46 MDT 2009

Thanks for everyone's help.

I got the decal off.  It was an EAA decal often attached to aircraft.
Nice and thick with a very tenacious  adhesive that fought me all the
way.  First WD40 (who would have guessed it was a decal goo solvent
unless by accident), then a trip to the store for Goo be gone, then a
plastic scraper with lots of pressure between applications of solvent.
It took a good 3 hours of scraping but the decal is gone without damage
to the plexiglas  rear window.  There was no way that decal would let me
get under it so it had to come off the hard way, little chip by little chip.

Thanks again.

Teriann