[TR] Decal removal from Plexiglas?

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 17:26:10 MDT 2009

In a message dated 7/14/2009 7:10:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tjwakeman at gmail.com writes:

My  question de jour is how does one go about removing a thick decal from
a  plexiglas hard top rear window without damaging the plexiglas.  The
decal has been on for years, sitting under the sun and does not want to
peal off.

Suggestions?
==AM==
ISTR that WD-40 is a good solvent for such things. Good old lighter fluid
(Zippo, Ronson -- i.e. naptha) probably will work. I don't think either
should  harm the plexi.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
--  Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 /  Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: _http://www.vtr.org_ (http://www.vtr.org/)

Check out the North  American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database: _http://triumph-herald.us_ (http://triumph-herald.us/)

**************Summer concert season is here! Find your favorite artists on
tour at TourTracker.com.
(http://www.tourtracker.com/?ncid=emlcntusmusi00000006)