[TR] Suspension rebuild questions

Tom Walling & Wendy Rose pdqtr6 at suscom-maine.net
Tue Jul 14 10:06:31 MDT 2009

> Do the outer control arm bushings that pivot on the trunions require
> reaming to fit??

 Yes, especially if you also replaced the trunions and the pins that go
through the bushings are the original size.  I had quite a bit of trouble
finding a machine shop that could handle the job.  I gave the machinist the
bushings, control arms, and trunions so he could make the measurements.

> Does anyone have a source for some information on a front end re-build?

The manual has good pictures of the whole assembly, but the text is a little
"thin".  The Moss catalog shows every part and where they go (a sort-of
assembly diagram).

> What about an assembly lube for the nylon and urethane bushes - any
> recommendations?

I used anti-sieze compound with good results when I did my TR6 3 or 4 years
ago.  Still squeek free.