[TR] Suspension rebuild questions

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Mon Jul 13 13:37:18 MDT 2009

Hello list:
Into a front end rebuild on my TR2 and have a couple of questions.
Do the outer control arm bushings that pivot on the trunions require
reaming to fit?? I seem to recall that the older style bushings
required reaming to fit, but not sure if the newer "split" type
bushings require this step.
Does anyone have a source for some information on a front end
re-build? On my 2 I am replacing the inner lower control arm rubber
bushes with the 3A nylon and steel bushings. Faced with this
bewildering array of steel, nylon and rubber bits for the lower
control arms. The manual is the usual helpful "re-assembly is the
reverse of disassembly".  Any help out there?
What about an assembly lube for the nylon and urethane bushes - any
recommendations?
Thanks for any help with these questions.

Angelo Graham
'55 TR2