[TR] Update on John Macartney's Trip

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 09:02:58 MDT 2009

I was but a small part of John Macartney's latest caravan yesterday  but it
was nevertheless humbling and a privilege to be able to escort John  &
Uncle Jack right behind me plus 6 more of my fellow Delaware Valley  Triumph
Club members for the final 20 mile segment of his total Saturday  sector to
Dave & Charlene Hutchison's house in Quakertown, PA.  We  had a few hilly
stretches enroute as I wanted John to get as much exposure  to Pennsylvania
rolling greenlands rather than highways and crowds.   Uncle Jack stayed with me
the whole time.

All I can say to you guys who haven't yet met John is that this is one
heck of a courageous and admirable man and he is on a mission:)  He is
profoundly appreciative to everyone who has helped him in this charity run to
raise awareness and funds for PTSD.

I truly hope that most of you can plan to hook up with John somewhere along
 his route even if only to say hello.  And, if you really want to tap his
experiences and make him feel at home, ask him to share some stories about
Standard Triumph and BL's labor problems, why BL didn't import PI TR6's to
the  USA (you might be surprised at the answer to this one), etc.

Oh...last but certainly not least, Kudos to ISOA on Uncle Jack's
restoration....what a great effort in so short a time!

Now, with any luck, you'll see this message since I'm sending it from my
AOL account.

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA