[TR] TR250 main bearing replacement

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Wed Jul 8 20:10:56 MDT 2009

At 03:55 PM 7/8/2009, Ed Woods wrote:
>List,
>
>Any chance the TR250 engine's main bearings can be replaced without removing
>the crank? That is, slipped into place like the thrust washers?

I have rolled in new bearings in a Spitfire with almost no trouble, I
don't know why a TR4 should be different.  The only problem I had was
the top half of the rear main bearing.  I left the old one in with no
apparent trouble, If I'd been clever, I'd have made a pin to slip in
the oil hole in the crank to push the old shell out and the new one
in.  The rest went out and in by hand.

Make sure the pin has a head larger than the oil hole...you wouldn't
want to lose it in there.

Jeff Scarbrough      75 TR6 x 1, 76 1500 x 2, 78 1500 x 1, 80 1500 x 0.5
http://www.fishplate.org/vehicles/
Corrosion Acres, Georgia         #354