[TR] TR4 fuel issue

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:14:53 MDT 2009

I will relate a problem I had with my TR3A.  It may or may not be relevant
to your situation.  My car ran like a champ, until it didn't, and then it
did again.  Turned out it was the fuel filter.  Under certain circumstances
the crud in the filter would reduce the fuel flow.  If I pulled over and
shut off the motor, the crud would settle back into the bottom of the filter
housing, until it caused a problem again.  Oddly enough it was a clear
filter and I when inspected it by rotating it in my hand the crud would
rotate out of view.  I smartened up and used a mirror and discovered the
problem.