[TR] TR3A side curtains

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 17:04:33 MDT 2009

My car came with side curtain frames with scratched plastic windows and not
much else.  Before having these redone I want to make sure that they fit on
the car properly.  I need help in the definition of properly.
First of all they do not close at the top but I suspect that there is some
"forming" of the connection points to improve that situation.
What is very concerning to me is that at the leading edge where the point
meets the windscreen stanchion there is real pressure against the paint
which is certain to damage it badly upon opening and closing the doors.  As
well, I cannot get these to fit anywhere near close with the wind wings on.

Although the window frame is flat, the four points from the bottom of the
stanchion to the top of the stanchion and the body behind the door up to the
hood is not.  The frame requires about a 3/4"twist in order to close the gap
at the back of the side curtain.  Obviously this leaves an increasing gap
from front to back where the side curtain meets the hood.
My interior is not original, nor is my hood, and I have not as yet fixed the
side curtain plates to the doors as yet as I do not want to make holes until
I know where I am with this.
Is there any advice OTHER THAN wear a raincoat?