[TR] They are plotting against me, I know they are!

David Lylis dlylis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 16:50:28 MDT 2009

TR3A - Can anyone tell me why there are welded nuts only on the outer set of
bolts for the front upper fulcrum bracket and a nut an lock washer for the
inner bolts?  Removing and replacing can be done with a 6" extension slipped
up behind the spring with a swivel bar (not a ratchet) and an thorough
application of expletives.
I have not looked this up to see if this is factory but all four are the
same.
The long and the short of this story is that right side inner forward nut
was up against the spring spacer so I cannot replace it with out dropping
the spring pan.  All other three went relatively fine.
My urethane bushes started squeaking in a most annoying fashion and I
decided to replace the ball joints while in there.