[TR] TR3 Rear Apron & Bumperette mounting

Ed Woods fogbro1 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 07:02:42 MST 2009

Bill,

If you're speaking about the heavy metal tube immediately surrounding the
bolt, it was not originally welded. When I reassembled my TR3, I installed
that tube with heavy grease or never seize so that it would not rust to the
rear apron. The rear apron itself has a partial metal tube of sheet metal
into which this heavy walled tube and bolt fit.  One end of this tube rests
solidly against the frame, the other establishes the position of the
bumperette mounting bracket, so the tube must be of the proper length.

Ed Woods