[TR] It might be possible, but....

Ed Oot eoot at citlink.net
Thu Jan 29 08:38:15 MST 2009

After researching all the advice on removal of the TR3 steering box without
removing the apron, I gave it a shot. After 10 hours of frustration in the
attempt, I finally gave up and in 40 minutes had the apron off and the box
sitting on the bench.

I know many have been successful in removal without taking the apron off, and
I applaud your patience, but for me it just wasn't worth it. In fact, I'm
amazed that it is for anyone. I kept thinking,,,if it's this hard to get out,
can it be any easier going back in?

Anyway, I'm at the point I can now proceed.