[TR] control head redesign?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jan 29 07:55:45 MST 2009

> I don't have access to a TR3, but whenever I see one of these
> posts I have no idea what it is about.  Something electrical?

Jim, I never know whether to take you seriously or not.  But yes, the
"control head" on a TR2-3 is something electrical.  It's the combination
turn signal and horn switch that fits in the center of the steering wheel.
An unusual design, in that the head does not turn with the wheel.

Also quite complicated compared to later designs, which I attribute mostly
to the lack of injection molded springs that were an essential feature of
the later designs.  Not sure how far the history of the TR2-3 unit goes
back, but I think it was on the Mayflower as well.  It's made only of
Bakelite, brass and steel (with a chromed trim strip).

Randall