[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 47

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 28 15:41:25 MST 2009

> So the quick answer is NO, the
> considered answer, why not?

One answer, I think, would be that the engines that took the BW35 originally
all had interchangeable rear plates that could be made to match the BW35.
The TRactor motor does not.

But of course, as noted, anything is possible with enough money.  Suitable
adapters could be made.

If one were going to do that, though, I think it would make more sense to
start with something a little more advanced than the venerable BW35.
Something with OD & a lockup torque converter, at least.  A TR motor isn't
really happy without an OD anyway, and another 3-500 rpm for converter slip
isn't going to help.

Randall