[TR] emission standards?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Wed Jan 28 13:23:23 MST 2009

On 28 Jan 2009 at 11:16, Randall wrote:

> (Soapbox alert) ...Or better yet, take the European approach,
> and tax gasoline up to about $8/gallon.

This is something I've argued for a long time.  It would differ only
by the amount, since the amount varies as the scale of finances
varies from epoch to epoch.  However they never ask me.  Nor do they
pay attention when I speak without being asked.

The political problem, of course, is that when it comes to raising
the price of anything, no matter how you do it and via taxes or via
any other way, it must always hit some people harder than it hits
others.  Anyone in the hardest-hit demographic has a legitimate
gripe, regardless of how it improves the common good.  It ain't an
easy problem.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com