[TR] GT6 Tires

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Tue Jan 27 21:34:19 MST 2009

On 27 Jan 2009 at 20:24, TRDOCTOR at aol.com wrote:

> I am planning to buy some Panasports for our newly purchased 1972
>  GT6.  They are 13x5.5.  What tires are those of you with the same
> set up running?

I have Cosmic MkII wheels, 13x5 I believe, and the tires are
Bridgestone Potenza, 175/70.  They look big and purposeful.  They
ride pretty well, and at the rate I'm wearing the tread away they
will be bald by, oh, maybe 2035A.D.  Maybe later.  They are probably
overkill.  They do look purposeful though.

Last year I put new tires on the Spitfire.  Its wheels are the
ubiquitous Minator (however it is spelt, and I think made by K&N),
13x5.  I decided on 155/80 Spectrum.  There aren't many options in
those sizes.  The tires feel pretty nice, track well, feel lighter
than the big guys on the GT6 and in accordance with the character of
the lighter, more nimble Spitfire.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com