[TR] Paul's Pawls: 2 questions

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 26 19:02:08 MST 2009

I am ashamed to admit that I have had two good TR3 control heads that now are
messed up due to "the Dorsey Factor".  I am not ready to give up on the second
one.

Now that I've got it open... let me ask:
(1.)  Exactly how does the two pawls work so as to cancel the turn signals?  I
know the come in contact with either of the two cast abuttments in the
steering wheel cavity.  I also know that their positioning is critical for the
turn signals to cancel.  I've borrowed FT's video that shows the direction
they are to sit in.  But, how do they work?

Also, at the base of the control head's trifficator is a tiny plunger w/
spring and rolling wheel (tiny).  I know that the wheel rides in a small grove
so as 'pop out' (temporaily) when the turn signal's are turned so that they
are activated.  But, (2) Does anyone know if the pawls make contact with the
tiny wheel?

Thanks,  Paul Dorsey   60 TR3