[TR] My TR6 Hit Last Wednesday

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Jan 25 18:02:12 MST 2009

> I don't know wo your insurance company is; but if its classic
> car  insurance, I'd get them involved

That is excellent advice, even if you don't have "classic" insurance
(assuming you do have collision coverage).  They will explain the financial
options to you, help you get estimates, and if you choose to do so, pay to
have the car repaired (and then go after the other company to cover it).

Dunno about Allstate, but a friend of mine has his Lotus insured with
Mercury as a regular car.  Someone backed into it in a parking lot, and
Mercury is paying over $13K for repairs.  If they manage to find the
responsible party (it was hit and run, car is registered to a holding
company) he'll get back his deductible.

Randall