[TR] Welding Helmet Question

Michael Lang mlang99 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 22 20:29:34 MST 2009

Bob,

I bought on a couple of years ago at the local welding supply shop they
recommended a mid range one that ran me about $90. It's go solar cells
that charge the battery and so far it's always worked without any
messing around. Even after hanging on the wall for months.

I was also told that the critical thing is the UV protection, and that
the auto darkening has nothing to do with UV. Even if it doesn't trigger
and darken, your eyes are still protected by the UV filter.

One of the best welding tools that I have purchased so far. By the way,
I also have a Miller-Matic 135 and am quite happy with it. My welds were
a little rough at first, but by the time I got done patching up the body
on my TR3, I am getting pretty good. I wish I could go back and re-do so
of the first welds that I did!

Mike